The method utilized for lipid kinase screening is the Promega ADP Glo High Throughput Assay kit. The principle of this assay is that it is a measurement of the ADP generated as a function of the enzyme reaction.
Assay step-by-step process:
1. Upon receipt of your small molecule, staff at the ICKP will dilute each to the appropriate concentration (if required)
2. This compound is added to a ‘mother plate’ consisting of customer samples, controls and blanks
- These serve as the source for ‘daughter plates’ which are stored at -20* until assay initiation
- Note: All compounds are screened in duplicate
3. Promega ADP Glo HTS
1. Bar codes assigned to each file ensure that data corresponding to the correct compound is being analysed
2. After completion of each assay, ICKP staff ensure that the run has passed standard quality control measures by examining reference compounds on the QC plate
3. Upon determination that the run has met QC standards, a Z-Prime (Z’) value is calculated utilizing data from the controls/blanks on each individual plate
- This QC measure is in place to ensure that each individual plate in the run has passed QC
4. Finally, a mean percentage activity is calculated for each customer.
- A standard deviation for all the duplicates is also calculated
Each customer receives mean percentage activity and standard deviation for
each compound tested against all enzymes